The beauty industry is the top offender for creating plastic waste, contributing to 120 billion units of packaging every year, and sadly most of it is not even recyclable! So why create extra waste, when we can make with ingredients from home! This blog is a working blog, meaning whenever we come across a new DIY beauty recipe, we will add it here!
DIY Body Scrub
This DIY body scrub by @helloglowblog (on IG) is better for your skin & mama nature! 🌿
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons apricot oil (any carrier oil will work)
- 1 tablespoon shea butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grain alcohol
- 5 drops vanilla essential oil
- 5 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
1. Combine everything except the sugar in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
2. In a lidded jar, combine both sugars with the blackberry mixture. Stir well.
3. Apply in the shower, gently scrubbing skin and rinsing with water.
4. Store extra scrub in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.